LOCAAL inc. (“LOCAAL”), attaches great importance to the protection of personal information, that is, any information which relates to a natural person and that allows, alone or in combination with other available information, that person to be identified.
This policy sets out how we collect, use, disclose, process and retain personal information in the conduct of our activities, which include the operation of the LOCAAL website, available at www.locaal.ca, and mobile application (collectively or separately, the “Application” or our “Services”).
When you access, subscribe to or use the Application, you consent to the collection, use, disclosure and processing of your personal information by LOCAAL, in accordance with the following policy (the “Policy”).
1. Principles governing the collection, use and disclosure of personal information
LOCAAL will not directly collect any personal information from you without your prior consent, except in certain instances where permitted by law. LOCAAL will only collect, use and disclose your personal information to the extent necessary to allow us to provide the Services and optimize their use.
When you open an account, we collect personal information that we use in the provision of our Services. You may also provide us with personal information when you use our Services.
LOCAAL is responsible for the personal information it collects, including the personal information disclosed to third parties for processing and administrative purposes.
LOCAAL will not collect, use or disclose the personal information of a person without the individual’s knowledge and consent, except as permitted or required by law.
1.3. Identifying purposes
LOCAAL collects personal information for various reasons related to its Services, specifically:
• To provide the Services and process the orders;
• To answer users’ questions, comments or requests for information;
• For administrative or marketing purposes in accordance with applicable laws governing commercial electronic messages;
• For statistical purposes, to help LOCAAL gain a better understanding of its clientele, its habits and preferences, so as to adjust its Services accordingly;
• To comply with its legal requirements.
LOCAAL uses the personal information it collects solely for the purpose for which it was collected, and as otherwise permitted by law.
1.4. Limiting collection
The personal information that LOCAAL collects is limited to what is necessary for the purpose identified or otherwise clearly implied at the time of collection.
LOCAAL only collects personal information through lawful means. LOCAAL may gather and use information about a user from a third party, when this is permitted by law, and with the individual's consent in all other cases.
For example, LOCAAL may ask and collect the following information when a user creates an account or during the processing of an order:
• Full name;
• Street address and email address;
• Telephone number.
2. Retention of personal information
3. Disclosure of personal information
LOCAAL shall under no circumstances disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual concerned or as required or permitted by law, and shall limit the disclosure and access to personal information to those persons who need such information for the intended purposes.
Within LOCAAL, access to personal data is restricted to those employees who require the data to perform their duties. Moreover, LOCAAL will not disclose personal information to third parties except as required for the purposes stated or implied in this Policy or at the time of collection, with your express consent, or otherwise when permitted or required by law.
In particular, LOCAAL may share personal information with trusted partners or vendors acting as subcontractors for the following purposes:
• With the service providers we retain, to provide services on our behalf, specifically the delivery of orders, the hosting and operation of the Application, to send and manage emails, to analyze the data and the needs of our clients in an effort to improve our products or services or the Site, or to create new ones;
• In the course of a commercial transaction, as necessary, to decide whether or not to proceed with said transaction;
• To accomplish any purpose outlined in this Policy and any other purpose that may arise, no later than the moment when the information is collected.
LOCAAL will ensure that all the third parties with whom it does business and to whom it discloses personal or confidential information also guarantee, in a manner that is at least equivalent, the confidentiality, security and integrity of the information they hold on behalf of LOCAAL.
Please also note that the personal information collected by the Company may transit through servers outside Canada, be transmitted to a destination outside Canada and stored there. This information may also be processed by individuals residing outside Canada on behalf of LOCAAL or its vendors.
Subject to applicable laws, upon receipt of a written request from an individual, LOCAAL will inform him or her whether or not it holds personal information about the individual and will grant access to this information, as required by law.
5. Correcting and updating personal information
LOCAAL makes reasonable efforts to ensure that the personal information it collects is as accurate and complete as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
A user may request to have his or her information corrected or updated, and can do so by changing the profile of the user Account.
6. Security, hosting and storage
LOCAAL is committed to enforcing and requiring its subcontractors and service providers to apply appropriate physical, technological and administrative security measures in order to maintain the confidentiality of the personal information, and to protect it against theft, loss, disclosure or unauthorized access.
Notwithstanding the above, no method of electronic data transmission or storage is infallible. LOCAAL cannot guarantee the security of the personal information transmitted or stored through the Application and therefore cannot guarantee the absence of breach of confidentiality, integrity and availability of data.
The collection of non-personal data by LOCAAL aims to enable the use, operation, improvement and development of the Application. In particular, the Services may use cookie technology to improve the quality of the Services and to better meet user expectations. Cookies are anonymous and will not collect personal information of any kind. They are solely used for Service connection, provision and improvement.
Moreover, your computer and the site server automatically exchange certain information when you access the Services. This is necessary to allow the server to transmit a file that is compatible with the computer equipment you are using. The following are examples of the information exchanged:
• your IP address (unique number assigned to your computer when it is connected to the Internet) and your Internet access provider;
• the type of browser (Explorer, Safari, Firefox, etc.) and operating system (Windows, Mac OS, etc.) you are using to access the site;
• the date and time of the access;
• the pages you are viewing;
• the address of the referring site, if you access the site from another site.
This information is retained and used by LOCAAL for technical and statistical purposes, in particular, to track the number of visits, the most frequently visited pages, user technology, referring sites and the geographical origin of visits.
8. Links to other sites
Should you have any questions, comments or complaints about this Policy or our privacy practices, or to exercise your rights with respect to any of these, we invite you to contact us at [email protected]